Tuesday, February 11, 2020

OT Setting

The setting I am most interested in is the pediatric outpatient setting. I think the reason this setting sticks out to me the most is because it is where I first fell in love with OT. My first shadowing experience was with my sister (an SLP) at Lebonheur's outpatient center. I thought I might be interested in speech, but after watching her co-treat with OTs and PTs, I knew OT was for me. I love the whole aspect of co-treating and think it's the most beneficial way to go about treating a diagnosis. I love kids, and working with them every day is my dream. I would love to be able to know that I am helping a child to one day be able to live their life to the fullest. I find the diagnoses in this area most intriguing as well. I also really enjoy the school systems. Despite the great schedule OTs can be on while working in the schools, I like this setting because you can be helping a child improve their skills to better be able to listen and learn in a classroom setting. I have worked a lot with the "Handwriting Without Tears" material so I find handwriting a very interesting area to work with kids with. All in all, I would just really enjoy any setting where I can work with kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imposter Syndrome

    After taking the Imposter Phenomenon Rating Scale test, I scored in the "moderate IP experiences" category. I feel that this i...